The Taiwan ASEAN Studies Center
The last few years have seen rapid progress in regional economic integration centered round the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). Taiwan has for many years enjoyed close collaboration with the ASEAN member states in the fields of trade, investment, industry, culture, education, etc. With the ASEAN region currently experiencing rapid economic development, Taiwan has an urgent need to develop strategies and models to participate more effectively in ASEAN-based regional economic integration. CIER's Taiwan ASEAN Studies Center (TASC) was established on October 1, 2009. Its main goal is to establish a platform for domestic and international exchanges and communication in regard to ASEAN-related research, so as to strengthen the interaction and collaboration between Taiwan and ASEAN.
The Taiwan ASEAN Studies Center has six main tasks:
(1) To establish a platform for domestic and international exchange and communication in regard to ASEAN-related research.
(2) To strengthen interaction and collaboration with think-tanks and government agencies in ASEAN member states.
(3) To strengthen research and analysis capabilities in regard to ASEAN and regional economic development.
(4) To provide research and advisory functions in relation to strategies for enhancing Taiwan's participation in ASEAN-based and other regional economic integration initiatives.
(5) To enhance planning and implementation of models of various types for collaboration with ASEAN member states.
(6) To expand awareness-raising activities (both domestic and international) in regard to the ASEAN member states and regional economic integration, and to conduct research and analysis, policy consultation and strategic planning.
|Hsu, Kristy Tsun Tzu||
||L.L.M, Soochow University, Taiwan||International Organizations International Trade Law Dispute Settlement Gender and Development Issues|
||Ph.D. in Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, Washington State University, U.S.A.||Resource Recycling Environmental Policy and Planning Soil Erosion Modeling|
||Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics, National Taiwan University||Agricultural Economics General equilibrium modeling Health Economics|
||Ph. D. in Economics, National Taiwan University||International Trade FDI Microeconometrics|
||Ph.D., National Dong Hwa University, Taiwan||Econometrics Time Series Analysis Macroeconomics Behavioral Finance Investments and Market Microstructure.|